Marshall Activity Center
The ultimate multi-purpose facility
MAC owner, Dan Stulberg, poses with players, coaches, and fans following the final MAC YBL game after 17 seasons. Besides officiating, Dan's duties included scheduling, building supervision, hiring of officials, mopping floors between games, cleaning, filling in at the admissions/concessions table, settling disputes, paying bills, opening and closing....
Check here for Schedule or Cancellation notices.
If games are being canceled due to weather, a message
will appear below this line next to "Announcements:"
ANNOUNCEMENTS: Schedule for Wk.5 appears below. The green shaded games are make-up games added to replace some of the weather-canceled games Wk.3.
Wk.3 - Jan.25 & 26 Canceled due to inclement weather. Make-up games will be announced the first week in February.
Wk.2- Jan.18 & 19
Wk.1 - Jan.11 & 12
Registration has begun for the 17th
MAC Youth Basketball League season
About the league
The MAC YBL is a youth basketball league for girls & boys. We offer leagues for girls and boys in grades 3rd through 6th. We will offer leagues for 7th & 8th grade boys and girls if enough interest exists.
All games are played at our 2-court facility. We will play Saturdays from 8:30am-5:00pm and Sundays from 1pm-5pm. Some games may be played Tue or Thu at 5:45 & 6:45pm.
Teams are to represent their school district, though in rare instances we allow the addition of 1 or 2 players from other districts. We seek to have a division for each grade and prefer not to mix a team with players from two grades, but our main goal is to have competitive play. We record scores, but we do not keep standings or award trophies. If one team is much stronger (or weaker) than others in its grade, we may schedule them to play a few games against older (or younger) teams. We hope to keep the “blow-out” match-ups to a minimum, which is why we ask coaches to give an honest assessment of their team’s ability when submitting rosters.
A few particulars:
1) Our season runs for 7 games and will begin the weekend of Jan.11 and finish 2/23, using the first weekend in March for make-up games due to weather cancellations.
2) Team fees for the 7-game schedule are $340, which includes referees. No insurance policy is provided through the league. A $50 non-refundable deposit is due 11/22 to guarantee a spot in our league. The balance is due (with roster) by 12/07.
3) Each team must provide a table worker (timer or scorer).
4) Admissions are $3 for adults, $2 for children/students. Players are free (for their game) as is the head coach and 1 asst. coach OR table worker (NOT all 3).
5) We’d like rosters to have at least 9 players. There is no maximum, but it’s hard to keep everyone happy if you have more than 11 or 12. We have no substitution requirements.
6) We use 2 referees and nearly all are registered; most have 10+yrs of experience.
7) Any coach or player who is ejected (automatic on 2nd technical) may not be on the bench for the next game and may be suspended for the season.
We try to work with your schedule issues when possible, but please do not enter tournaments that may cause you to cancel a league game.
**ABOVE ALL, we stress and demand good sportsmanship from players, coaches, and fans. Coaches are the key to controlling both their players’ attitudes and their fans’. If you cannot maintain a positive attitude, even when calls may go against you, please don’t bring your team to this league. We emphasize learning, experience, and fun. Please pass this on to your players and parents in handouts or meetings.
Call or Email Dan with any questions you may have or to receive a Roster and Scheduling Preference form: (269) 781-7091 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Make checks out to: Marshall Activity Center or M.A.C.
Mail to: Dan Stulberg, 508 Orchard Road, Marshall, MI 49068-8210